Welcome to the Metallurgica Marcora S.p.A. website, www.marcora.it (hereinafter the “Website”).
This policy is used by Metallurgica Marcora S.p.A. to provide the user with information regarding the processing of the personal data that are collected automatically or are voluntarily provided by the user, by accessing and browsing the Website and using the services provided therein, and regarding the functionality of the cookies installed or otherwise present on the website itself.
The website can be freely accessed, and does not require registration; the provision of personal data is only required in the “Contacts” section, to which a specific data processing policy applies.
The Website may also contain hypertext links to websites, pages or online services belonging to third parties. Clicking on these links will allow the user to access multimedia content exclusively owned by the aforementioned third party subjects, which is beyond the control of Metallurgica Marcora S.p.A. and is not in any way subject to the indications contained in this policy. Metallurgica Marcora S.p.A. therefore invites the user to use caution when accepting services offered by third parties, and to carefully read the data processing policies provided by the aforementioned subjects, for which Metallurgica Marcora S.p.A. has no control and bears no responsibility.
*** *** ***
- Data controller
The data controller is Metallurgica Marcora S.p.A. (Tax Code and VAT number 02048760124), with registered offices at no. 3 Viale Duca D’Aosta, Busto Arsizio (VA) Italy, tel. +39 02 97241370, fax +39 02 73960113, e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, certified e-mail address email@example.com (hereinafter the “Company”).
- Types of personal data processed
The term personal data is to be understood as any information concerning and referable to the user.
In particular, the data processing will concern:
- Browsing data
When the Website is accessed and browsed, the Company generally collects browsing data using cookies or other tracking technologies. During the course of their normal and automatic operation, the computer systems and software procedures that govern the Website’s functionality collect certain browsing data items, the transmission of which is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols.
These consist of data regarding internet traffic, which, by their very nature, are not collected for the purpose of being immediately associated with identified users, but could allow the user to be identified through processing or association with data held by third parties. These types of data include IP addresses, the domain names of the computers utilised by the users to connect to the Website, the URL (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code that indicates the status of the response provided by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters relating to the user’s operating system and IT environment.
These data allow the user to access the Website and utilise the services provided therein, and can be used – in anonymous and aggregate form – to obtain information about visits and to process statistical analyses, as well as to identify any anomalies and/or misuse. These data are retained for the period of time expressly indicated under point 4) below regarding Cookies, and, regardless, for no more than one month, without prejudice to the need on the part of the judicial authorities to investigate any potential crimes
- Data provided voluntarily by the user
The Company also processes personal data provided voluntarily by the user during their interaction with the services provided by the website, such as in the case of data entry requests. In particular, a specific data processing policy, pursuant to art. 13 of the Regulation, is posted in the “Contacts” section of the Website, where the user’s data is collected. The data provided voluntarily by the user are the following: name, surname, e-mail address, and any additional data provided when completing the request form.
(hereinafter collectively referred to as “Data”).
The optional and voluntary sending of e-mail messages to the addresses indicated on this Site entails the acquisition of the sender’s e-mail address, as well as any additional personal data voluntarily indicated within the message itself. These data are used exclusively for the purpose of identifying the sender, and are not disseminated in any way.
- Purposes of the processing, legal bases, and nature of the provision of the Data
The Data obtained within the context of browsing the Website and using the services provided therein are processed for the following purposes:
- to allow for the navigation of the Website itself, to verify its proper functionality, and to ascertain responsibility in the event of cybercrimes (hereinafter “Browsing the Website”). The legal basis lies in the legitimate interests of the Company (article 6.1.f of the Regulation);
- obtaining feedback and processing requests received from the user (hereinafter “Contacts”). The legal basis lies in express consent (article 6.1.a of the Regulation);
- the exercise and defence of the Company’s rights in any venue, including judicial, administrative, arbitration and/or mediation and conciliation proceedings (hereinafter “Defence”). The legal basis lies in the legitimate interests of the Company (article 6.1 f) of the Regulation).
With the exception of browsing data (collected automatically), the provision of the Data is necessary for the purpose referred to under letter b) above. Therefore, any failure to provide the Data requested from the user will make it impossible for the Company to fulfil their requests, without prejudice however to the pursuit of the purpose referred to under letter a) above, the use of the Website itself, and the right of defence.
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small text strings that are sent to the user’s terminal (usually their browser) by the websites they have visited. These strings are stored and are later transmitted back to the same websites during the user’s next visit.
Cookies can be installed by the website visited by the user (first-party cookies) or by other websites (third-party cookies). This happens because the website being visited by the user could contain elements (images, maps, sounds, links to web pages of other domains, etc.) residing on other servers. Depending on their purpose, cookies are divided into two main categories: technical cookies and profiling cookies.
Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of transmitting a communication over an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service, explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, to provide the service in question. They are not used for any other purposes, and are normally installed directly by the website visited by the user. In particular, these cookies can allow for normal browsing and use of the website, and browsing based on a series of selected criteria in order to improve the service rendered.
The user’s prior consent is not required for the installation of these cookies.
Analytical cookies are similar to technical cookies, and are used directly by the website’s manager to collect aggregate data regarding the number of users and how they visit the website itself. These cookies allow the website’s manager to better understand how the users interact with the website’s contents, in order to optimise the services provided.
Profiling cookies, on the other hand, are designed to create user profiles, and are used to send advertising messages based on the preferences expressed by the user while browsing. The user’s prior consent is required for the installation of this type of cookie.
Finally, based on their duration, cookies are classified as either persistent cookies, which remain stored on the user’s device until their expiration, subject to removal by the user, or session cookies, which disappear once the browser is closed, and therefore have a limited duration.
- Types of cookies present on the Website
The Website only uses first-party technical browsing cookies in order to allow the user to browse the Website normally and make use of its basic functions. The user’s consent is not required for the installation of these cookies. The characteristics of the aforementioned cookies are better described in the table below.
Further information and links to the policies
first-party technical cookies
to save the language settings
first-party technical cookies
to analyse the possibility of inserting cookies
Finally, this Website may contain links or references for accessing other websites. The Company does not have the power to control the cookies and/or monitoring technologies of any other websites to which this policy does not apply.
- Management of cookie preferences and nature of the data provision
The cookies indicated under the previous point will be automatically installed the first time the user visits any page of the Website, as the user’s consent is not required. At any time, however, the user can:
- enable, disable, or delete cookies using the browser settings, as described under the next point.
- How to change your browser’s cookie settings
The user can disable, enable, or delete cookies at any time, even using their browser settings. Having said this, the methods offered by the major web browsers are provided below:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Attivare%20e%20disattivare%20i%20cookie
- ME: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/it-it/HT201265
It should be noted that some of the Website’s functions may not be performed correctly and may not function in an optimal manner after completing this operation.
The user can also manage their cookie preferences via the following link: http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
- Data processing methods
For the purposes indicated under point 3) above, the data will mainly be processed using electronic and automated means, as well as in paper form, in compliance with the regulatory provisions on the processing of personal data, and with all the appropriate security measures being taken. The Data processing activities are managed by internal Company personnel (e.g. administrative and sales personnel), who have been specifically authorised and trained to guarantee adequate security and confidentiality, as well as to avoid the risk of any data being lost and/or destroyed, or accessed by unauthorised parties.
- Disclosure and dissemination of Data
The Data will not be subject to dissemination. To the extent strictly necessary for the purposes indicated under point 3) above, the Data may be disclosed to:
- subjects entitled by law or regulation, such as, by way of example, the Public and Judicial Authorities;
- subjects who, as independent data controllers or data processors pursuant to art. 28 of the Regulation, are involved in the Data processing activities (e.g. the personnel in charge of the management and maintenance of the company’s IT systems and the Website).
The updated nominative list of data processors can be requested from the Company by sending a certified e-mail message to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data retention period
The Company only retains the Data for the period of time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which said data have been collected. With the exception of that which is expressly indicated under point 4) above, the Data for Contact purposes will be retained for the period of time necessary to process the request. Without prejudice, however, to the right to withdraw consent for data processing activities carried out this legal basis, the right to object to the data processing, the obligation to comply with specific retention obligations required by law, and the exercise of the right of defence in the case of any disputes.
- Rights of the data subject
With regard to the Data, the data subject may exercise the following rights in relation to Company, in the manner indicated in the Regulation, and without prejudice to the provisions and limitations established by Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 (Part I – Title I – Chapter III):
- to request access, in the cases envisaged (art. 15 of the Regulation);
- to request the correction of any inaccurate Data and the supplementation of any incomplete Data (art. 16 of the Regulation);
- to request the deletion of the Data for the reasons envisaged (art. 17 of the Regulation), such as when they are no longer necessary for the purposes indicated above, or if they are not being processed in compliance with the Regulation;
- to request the limitation of the Data processing activities for the reasons envisaged (art. 18 of the Regulation), such as if the accuracy of the Data is disputed and their correctness needs to be verified;
- to request portability, or rather the right, in the cases envisaged (art. 20 of the Regulation), to receive the Data in a commonly used format, readable by an automated device, and to transmit said Data to another data controller;
- to object to the processing of their Data, in the cases envisaged (art. 21 of the Regulation).
In the case of processing based on consent, the right to revoke consent is also recognised at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to the revocation.
All the rights listed above can be exercised by sending a message to the Company’s certified e-mail address (email@example.com), or by sending a registered letter to the Company’s mailing address, to the attention of the administration department.
If the user believes that their data is being processed in violation of the provisions of the Regulation, he/she has the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority, in accordance with the provisions of art. 77 of the Regulation itself.
- Transfer of the Data abroad
The data are not transferred abroad, and are stored on servers located within the European Union.
Metallurgica Marcora S.p.A.