AUTOMATIC CUTTING TO COMMERCIAL LENGTH AND STACKER FOR SQUARE AND FLAT BARS ROLLING MILL FOR Metallurgica Marcora S.p.A.
This is one of the projects that NCO completed in 2022:
A new automatic cold cutting and stacking area has been installed in order to allow for:
– Increased productivity
– Fully automatic operation
– Possibility to have buffers along the area in order not to stop production in case of any downstream delay
– Possibility to handle the bar layer within the minimum cooling bed cycle
– Automatic removal of tails and sample collection at cold shear
– Automatic removal of short bars
– Perfect square stack shape
– In line automatic strapping and weighing.
Scope of supply of NCO was including the complete dismantling of the old equipment and the installation of the new machines:
– New bar layer formation chain transfer and translating trolleys at cooling bed exit;
– New cold shear 300 t capacity, “C” shaped, in order to allow its installation in front of the cooling bed and therefore allowing for increased max commercial
– New motorized movable gauge, cantilever type, ensuring max visibility of the area and easy access for maintenance, and equipped with servo-motors in order to allow for stricter cutting tolerances and positioning for the different bar lenghts even at rollers area.bar length within the available space;
– New bar layer preparation area at stacker entrance, operating into two sections and including an automatic bars aligning roller table and short bars extraction and rejection system;
– New automatic non-magnetic stacker fully electrically controlled via brush-less type motors, ensuring:
> highest speed movements
> maximum positioning precision
> cycle repeatibility
> possibility of adjusting acceleration and deceleration ramps depending on the finished product size
> maintenance-free operation.
– In-line automatic strapping, weighing and storing area;
– Hydraulic and Lubrication systems.
Interconnecting piping, fully pre-fabricated off-line in order to minimize the plant shut-down time.
Metallurgica Marcora and NCO are glad to keep and revive their successful and long-lasting cooperation in the business of steel making.